Tuesday 24 February 2015

Blogging at Respectfully Connected

This year an exciting new blog called Respectfully Connected was started. It is a collective blogging project with 15 authors, all of whom have Autistic children and some of whom are Autistic themselves. The blog focusses on parenting Autistic children respectfully, valuing Autistic children as they are. I am honoured to be able to say that I am one of the authors, and along with the other wonderful people involved, am really enjoying seeing how this project is unfolding. 

Today I am going to share with you the articles I have posted on Respectfully Connected so far. Please do have look around the blog at the other articles there. All of full of wisdom and compassion- well worth your time. 



Sunday, 18 January 2015
Found. Accepted. Valued. 

It’s easy to feel scared for your kids when you realise they are Autistic. Pretty much everywhere you look in the mainstream media, on parent written blogs and in books by professionals calling themselves “Autism Experts” someone is referring to your child as disordered, a tragedy, a burden, difficult, part of an epidemic, or a problem that needs fixing. Yes, it is easy to feel scared. ......    continue reading 



Monday, 2 February 2015
I am not a hero

Surely it is not only me who, upon revealing that I have neurodivergent family members,
is told by well meaning listeners how heroic I am? 

Wow. I don't know how you do it.

Good for you for supporting them so much.

You are amazing to put up with all of that.

I couldn't do what you do.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what it is people think I do, but I'm pretty sure they don't understand my life at all.  …..



Tuesday, 24 February 2015
More than one way to eat salad



I made salad for dinner. When I say this, I use the phrase loosely, and fully expect that many of you will conjure up a mental image that is completely different than what I actually prepared. ..... continue reading 


All the "continue reading" links will open in a new window on your browser, so you can easily come back and keep reading here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my readers. Let me know what you think!!

You should know:
*All comments on this site are moderated. This means I read your comment before it appears on the site, and I have to approve all comments before they can be published. If your comment doesn't appear immediately you do not need to resend it, I just haven't approved it yet.
*I rarely publish comments made anonymously.
*I will sometimes wait to publish a comment until I have time to respond to it.