Saturday 13 December 2014

The first post

Ah, the first post. 

An empty page, waiting to be filled with insight and intrigue designed to have you on the edge of your seat and desperate to read more. And, of course, now that I have called myself a "writer" the pressure to impress is really on. 

Trouble is, I've got nothing to say at the moment! 

I may have forever jinxed myself into being unable to publish anything meaningful ever again. 

Well, those of you who know me, or have followed my writing in the past, know that I am not really a regular writer. I tend to go quiet for periods of time, and then reappear when something has caught my attention (code for 'got me all riled up'). 

I suspect this endeavour will be much the same. 

Although, unlike my other blogs and projects this one is not set up to do anything specific other than be a place that promotes all the other places I write and the other projects I am involved in (the links are all at the top of the page). I will occasionally write a blog post here, but mostly this site is to link people who meet me and wonder who I am and what I do, to places they can find out. It's a bit like a portfolio, I guess, a place people can use to "get a feel for" who I am and what is important to me. With any luck someone with influence will come across it and get me a deal that makes me famous.... you know, in a good way. 

So, welcome. Thanks for joining me. Especially if you are reading and have "liked" the Facebook page that goes with this blog as one of those faithful friends and readers who "like" everything I present you with. Thanks for humouring me and not openly accusing me of being a self absorbed like whore. I appreciate it. 

So, here's to new beginnings. Here's to the joy of watching new things unfurl. Here's to that awkward first post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my readers. Let me know what you think!!

You should know:
*All comments on this site are moderated. This means I read your comment before it appears on the site, and I have to approve all comments before they can be published. If your comment doesn't appear immediately you do not need to resend it, I just haven't approved it yet.
*I rarely publish comments made anonymously.
*I will sometimes wait to publish a comment until I have time to respond to it.